Tastes so good, no one will be able to tell that you've reduced the calories and cut down the fat!
Yield: Serves 10
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large pot, cover the sweet potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Boil until tender, about 25 minutes.
3. Drain and peel the potatoes and place in a large mixing bowl. Mash well.
4. Add the olive oil, milk, sherry, brown sugar, orange juice, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and salt. Beat well with a mixer.
5. Spoon mixture into an greased 2-1/2 quart casserole dish.
6. Bake until the potatoes are hot, about 20 minutes.
7. While the souffle is cooking, make the meringue. In a clean bowl, whip egg whites until almost stiff. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until soft peaks form.
8. Remove souffle and top with the meringue mixture.
9. Return to oven and remove when the meringue is lightly browned. Garnish with the sliced oranges.
Please note that some ingredients and brands may not be available in every store.